A2- Technical Instructions

My teammates and I created the following set of instructions to walk you through building a chess board. It contains a list all of the materials and instructions you need to build it from start to finish. Also for convince, there are images, text broken up by steps, and a voice over that describes what happens in each step so that you have the option of using any combination of hearing, reading, or visual.

The Prezi is set up on top of a chess board because that seemed to be an appropriate background that immediately shows the reader what he will be building, as well as being a very visually pleasing setup at which to look.

My contribution to this project was originally supposed to be the planner. At first I was almost exclusively working on the context and our audience so that we had an idea of whom we were creating these instructions. After that, I worked a lot on the setup of the project and how we were going to deliver it once we made the decision to move to the Prezi since the Visme did not work. This consisted of firstly creating a Prezi with all of the steps and text in the bubbles for us to work with. I was also in charge of moving our steps into the correct order, and making sure that everything, both individual steps, as well as the overall picture, looked as we had intended. I also went through and made edits to the text, changing sentences to make them more clear and concise in order to reduce confusion. Please read the associated blog post here.