Visual Communication (English 150)

BrochureOutside

BrochureInside

Reflecting on Visual Communication

I chose to include my brochure as the best example of my visual communication progress. I created this brochure using Adobe InDesign, and I feel it demonstrates the visual concepts I have learned during this class. This project made me think about how my audience will interpret various aspects of my visual communication, including the brochure’s layout, the images I included, the fonts I chose, and the way I decided to word my text. Editing down the verbal content of my art analysis into the space allowed by a brochure required me to make careful decisions regarding the kind of information I wanted to include, and I put much of my information into bulletted lists and more concise statements accordingly.

I also had the opportunity to try out Adobe InDesign during this project, which helped me develop electronic communication skills as well. InDesign was intimidating at first because I’m so used to Microsoft Word, but once I got the hang of it, I came to realize that InDesign is much more effective at a visually intensive project like this one. I now feel I have the confidence and ability to create visual communication for a variety of settings.